True Crime

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Denise012864
Bookshelf Size: 0

True Crime

Post by Denise012864 »

I've always been infactuated by"True Crime". Books about seriel killers, biographies and/or auto-biographies about men or women in prison or even about the people on the outside who love them.
Thank you,
Denise
Maggie G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-g.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Maggie G »

Hi Denise! I like true crime too, but don’t read a ton of it. One that I have read and enjoyed is Manson: The Life and Times of Charles Manson.
Emma13
Currently Reading: The Captive Mind
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emma13.html
Latest Review: A Slice Of Chile by Dr Terry Hannan

Post by Emma13 »

Not a book, but the Serial podcast is really fantastic, if you haven't already heard it. The first series examines the murder conviction of a young man to try to get to the bottom of whether he was really guilty. Lots of interviews with people involved and discussion of how a murder trial works.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Just wondered if you may be interested to know, that though they are presented as fiction, both Truman Capote's 'In Cold Blood' and Robert Bloch's 'Psycho' (later the Hitchcock film, of course) are based on real events.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”