Recommendations for infant/Toddler

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Jessie118
Bookshelf Size: 11

Recommendations for infant/Toddler

Post by Jessie118 »

I currently only have 3 books for my baby! i would like books that we can read well into toddler and young childhood years. Books that have good morals and good vocabulary range that are also fun for mom and dad to read too!
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I admit I haven't read this one just yet, but I saw it the other day and kind of fell in love with the premise...so there's a book for children called Brown Bear, Brown Bear (what do you see?) and more recently I saw a book (I think it's just about to be published) called Scientist, Scientist What Do You See? And I just really feel like it's an amazing book to be out there for children, so perhaps you could consider that one?
chrystalheart
Currently Reading: Fire and fury
Bookshelf Size: 725
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystalheart.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by chrystalheart »

"We Like Kindergarten" by Clara Cassidy was my favorite book as a toddler and kindergartener. In fact, in made such an impression on me that I purchased it later as an adult and still have it in my library. Also, "The Pink Elephant with Golden Spots" by Philippe and Rejane Fix.
Maggie G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-g.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Maggie G »

As toddlers, my kids liked Go Dog Go and Put Me in the Zoo. There isn’t much in the way of morals, but there are plenty of things to talk about while you’re reading them.
rcarr13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rcarr13.html
Latest Review: Weaponized Prayer Missiles Against Infirmities. by Dr. Omolara Olaniyi

Post by rcarr13 »

My son loved Mr. Brown Can Moo and The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Hop on Pop well into his toddler years. He also liked Put me in the Zoo (He could read the word "zoo" by the time he was 2 1/2 because of this book). My two-year-old daughter likes The Monster at the End of this Book, No Time for Bed by Annette Rusling, and anything with Winnie the Pooh or Paw Patrol on it.
EllieA
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elliea.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by EllieA »

Any book with different textures in it- Really nice for babies and toddlers still like them, too.

Triangle by Mac Barnett
Over in the Meadow -- various authors
Arthur books- Marc Brown
Little Critter books- Mercer Mayer
Mommaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Mommaj »

Good Night Moon, If You Give A Mouse a Cookie, Guess How Much I Love You, Your A Good Dog Carl and there are more in that series, Dr Seuss books. Read to your child any age 15 to 30 minutes a day. It is amazing what they learn at such a young age.
facelesswoodsman
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-facelesswoodsman.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by facelesswoodsman »

I very highly recommend The Bear and the Piano by David Litchfield, Library Lion by Michelle Knudson and Kevin Hawkes, and Red: A Crayon's Story by Michael Hall.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”