Already mourning the end of my series-HELP!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Cin8685
Currently Reading: The Address
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cin8685.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Already mourning the end of my series-HELP!

Post by Cin8685 »

I have been reading all things Sarah J Maas lately, finished throne of glass and now almost done with a court of thorns and roses. I’m already wondering how I’m going to fill the void in my life with no more Rowen or Rhys.... someone help! Who has read these books and gone on to find something just as good/similar?? Any suggestions? Thanks!!
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

I will admit I hadn't heard of the series, and I've just googled it - and found it apparently isn't available in UK where I live - pity. But from what I've read - I suppose suggesting the 'Game of Thrones' series would be too obvious, and you may already have read it. Thinking a bit laterally, if you like a kick-ass heroine, though this is in the real world, consider Stieg Larsson's 'Millennium Trilogy' - I think you'd like Lisbeth Salander! Another possibility that springs to mind are the 'Avalon' books of Marion Zimmer Bradley. Hope this is some help. I hate it when a series I love comes to an end - console yourself with the fact that she might change her mind the way Conan Doyle did!!
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Cin8685
Currently Reading: The Address
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cin8685.html

Post by Cin8685 »

Thanks!! I have read the millennium trilogy and LOVED it! Movies did the books no justice! I have considered the game of thrones series before as well just never pulled the trigger. I’ve not heard of the ‘avalon’ series. I’ll look into them!
As far as the Throne of Glass and A Court I’d Thorns and Roses series, you can get them from Barnes and noble or order off of amazon! I highly recommend them!
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

What about Leigh Bardugo's Six of Crows? Have you had a chance to look at her Grisha universe books? Two other books that come to mind are The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard and Scythe by Neal Shusterman. I'd also still recommend the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson, although you'd only see the romance element if you squint hard enough.
seeker19
Currently Reading: The Trials of Apollo
Bookshelf Size: 506
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seeker19.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by seeker19 »

OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH THE TOG AND ACOTAR SERIES!!! I feel like nothing can compare to these books. I am counting down to the seventh book! As for similar books. I really loved the Graceling series if you're looking for an assassin type book with an awesome slow-burn romance. There is political intrigue and suspense, the entire series is awesome. Also, the Lunar Chronicles are another amazing series. They are fairy-tale retellings (to go with the ACOTAR theme, but they are so much more than just that. All of the books have an amazing overarching plot with political intrigue and romance and you fall in love with all of the characters. If you loved that TOG had all of these amazing characters that you fell in love with, then the Lunar Chronicles is the series for you.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I'll always second The Lunar Chronicles any time it comes up. :D

I think you'd really enjoy The Winner's Curse and subsequent sequels, though. There's also The Fallen Kingdoms series which is decently good. It's pretty popular even if I never exactly fell in love with it and it's good enough to have kept me reading when I've got nothing better on my shelf.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I couldn't bring myself to finish the series. I stopped after the first book but I'm definitely rethinking that now.
Aly Smith
Currently Reading: Stone of Gabriel
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Aly Smith »

My favorite series is the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It is 14 books long and the author does an incredible job at weaving the storyline and characters throughout the book. I have never seen better character development.
Rhae_Dorsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rhae_Dorsa »

just continue with sarah and crescent city hahaha :lol:

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”