Fantasy books with a gay MC?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
HermitReviewer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Fantasy books with a gay MC?

Post by HermitReviewer »

Just as it says on the tin :lol:
kuronekonya
Currently Reading: Sherlock Holmes
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by kuronekonya »

The most obvious one that comes to mind is Mercedes Lackey and her Valdemar series. It's a 3 book series set in a (much) larger fantasy world, and this particular one is called The Last Herald Mage series. In order the books are:

Magic's Pawn
Magic's Promise
Magic's Price

Vanyel, the main character, is gay, and struggles with family acceptance. It's a dated book, as it was published years ago, so there are some assumptions and references that a modern audience might find issues with, but it was one of the first books that featured a main character who was gay. Her other series also occasionally feature gay and/or lesbian characters.
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

I know of Clairborne's A Hero at the End of the World, which I think was developed after a Harry Potter fanfiction (so you could guess what happens here). The hero fails to defeat the Dark Lord and instead starts to tread the "dark path" himself.
seeker19
Currently Reading: The Trials of Apollo
Bookshelf Size: 506
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seeker19.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by seeker19 »

Omg, I am in love with this genre! Here are a few awesome suggestions:

- Captive Prince series by C.S. Pacat (will leave you with a book hangover that will never end)
- The Beautiful Monsters series by Jex Lane
- Lord of the White Hell by Ginn Hale
- Champion of the Scarlet Wold by Ginn Hale

These books have sexual content and are m-m romance, so if you're into slow-burn romance books with amazing plots, these are the books for you!
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Madamemuddy
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Madamemuddy »

Hi! The most memorable books I've read about gay fantasy is from JC Owens. The books are: Wings, Wings 2 Dominion of the Eth, Gaven, Gaven 2 : Bonding, Draconian Measures. There are many more and I hope to get my hands on them. Hope this helps! 😁

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”