Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Personalized Reading Recommendations

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Wanted: Gritty psychological thrillers

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.

Wanted: Gritty psychological thrillers

Post Number:#1 by jdjung
» 03 Nov 2017, 17:01

I just finished reading "What Lies Within", which I received from this site. It's exactly what I love in a book: It's a seedy, gritty psychological thriller.

Any recommendations for books similar to this. Another example of what I love are Candice Fox's books (Hades, Eve and Fall)

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
jdjung

Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 4 books
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Wanted: Gritty psychological thrillers

Post Number:#2 by Lincolnshirelass
» 14 Nov 2017, 03:53

I have recently read an excellent book by Joanne Harris called 'Blue Eyed Boy' that may fit the bill. I like the use it makes of modern media, and it has a particularly creepy psychotic child! VERY different from many of her other books, that I also love.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Lincolnshirelass

Bookshelf Size: 0 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%