Looking for Suggestions

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Toshia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 912">First Grave on the Right</a>
Bookshelf Size: 513
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toshia.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly

Looking for Suggestions

Post by Toshia »

I absolutely love books like the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones. Hilarious, witty, strong female character, strong sarcastic language, fictional man candy and a lot of paranormal. Something that will make me laugh and have me on the edge during the read. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

*clears throat*

The Harper Connelly mystery series by Charlaine Harris (who wrote the true blood books)
Badass female, bit of eye candy, gorey mystery crime novel, supernatural in the way that Harper has powers

The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, full of sarcastic, witty characters. It's kind of an urban fantasy, think New York but with vampires, werewolves and demons.

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. 4 books each with a great female character. They are loosley based on fairy tales but set in our world in the future. Cinderella is a cyborg mechanic. Rapunzel is a computer hacker etc. There is a love interest for each character so bit of romance going on.

Hope some of these might be of interest :)
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Archie Tewksbury
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Archie Tewksbury »

this is a small suggestion i can give you from the books i have read so far
here are 2 of my favorite novels which i read so far
you can ignore if you have already read it.
1) The Alchemist by Paulo coelho
2) Life is what you make it by Preeti shenoy
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

The Princess Bride
Novel by William Goldman
One of few books that can make me laugh.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”