Science fiction with some alien romance?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
D4N13L
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Science fiction with some alien romance?

Post by D4N13L »

Hey there. I was looking for some interesting sci-fi book/s with good story to read, with some romance between human and alien thrown in, but all I was able to find were some 'trashy' books that didn't seem like something I would enjoy (you know the kind with muscular guy plastered on the cover and overly melodramatic plot about heroine who is searching for whatnot).

The romance doesn't have to be the center point of the story and I don't really care if the alien is humanoid or not.

So if you know about something that might fit the description throw it at me I will be very happy for any suggestions.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I don't know if this fits what you're looking for entirely, since it's YA and not science fiction...but maybe look into The Cage by Megan Shepherd. It's got a little bit of the romance you're looking for and is a series.
chrystalheart
Currently Reading: Fire and fury
Bookshelf Size: 725
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystalheart.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by chrystalheart »

Isaac Asimov's Foundation series and Robots series. They have small threads of romance running through them, but are interesting whodunits and contain foundational concepts for many of the robot books and movies out today. Great reads.
ericahs
Currently Reading: The Cybernetic Tea Shop
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericahs.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by ericahs »

You could give Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep a try. There is some romance and exploration of "nonhuman"/human love and connection. Or Stranger in a Strange Land has a lot of sex... if that's what you're looking for. It's also just a really fun classic with a very interesting history.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

Check out Sharon Lynn Fisher. She is a sci-fi/fantasy romance writer, and some of her books have human-alien romance but definitely aren't considered trashy. Echo 8 or The Ophelia Prophecy are a couple books by her that come to mind.
thebookinstruments
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by thebookinstruments »

My favorite is Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout. It is Young Adult Sci-Fi :)

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”