Calling any social science teachers/faculty

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Btowntheatregal
Currently Reading: Never Let Me Go
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-btowntheatregal.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Calling any social science teachers/faculty

Post by Btowntheatregal »

I teach a diversity class for undergraduate social work majors. I love finding new and interesting supplemental book for my class; I'm not talking textbooks, but books that students find more accessible. I am thinking of using Whistling Vivaldi by Claude Steele. I will be seeing him speak at a conference I am going to in October. In the past I have used Riding the Bus with My Sister by Rachel Simon and The Trouble With Diversity by Walter Benn Michaels (a lot of controversy in the book which sparked discussion!)

I would really love to hear some thoughts from others and have this as a place to share book ideas!

Sharlene
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”