Sports Conspiracy Books?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Sports Conspiracy Books?

Post by RegularGuy3 »

I recently read (and reviewed) Bobby Fischer: World Champion for Political Reasons?. It raises the question of whether the famous 1972 chess championship was fixed. The concept was interesting, the book itself less so. But it got me thinking: any recommendations for books about sports or game conspiracies?
FNAWrite
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by FNAWrite »

Well there's the big one "Eight Men Out" about the Black Sox scandal of 1918. This came out in the early 60's.

"Game of Shadows" is about Barry Bonds, BALCO and the steroid scandal.

I took a look but there don't seem to be any books on the college basketball point shaving scandals of the late 40s and early 50s. You can read about it on the 'net tho.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”