A balanced blended book

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
kevobuda
Currently Reading: We Live in Water
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

A balanced blended book

Post by kevobuda »

Am looking for a horror book that has a detective crime theme which boarders on paranomial and or extra terrestrial activity, any suggestions?
Anirudh Badri
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anirudh-badri.html
Latest Review: Galactic Passages: Planet 6333 by Dean and Anson Vargo

Post by Anirudh Badri »

Consider trying out books from the Urban Fantasy genre. The Dresden Files is one of my favorite series which is about a wizard who is a detective. I don't think there is a very active horror theme going though. It is much more of a thriller. Simon R Green's Nightside series is also good in that regard.

The one series I can think of that fits what you are asking is Dead Things, by Stephan Blackmore. I didn't like it all that much personally, but maybe you will.
It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.

–Oscar Wilde

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”