Who are some of your Favourite YA Authors?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Icon Who are some of your Favourite YA Authors?

Post by Londera »

I'm looking for some new Young Adult Authors to check out. I haven't read any new YA series in a long time because I've been trying to finish the ones I started. Please give me some recommendations :D
kkyach
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kkyach.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by kkyach »

I was captivated by The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel and All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. Those are two of my all time favorite books. I have liked everything i've read by Marie Lu (Legend, the Young Elites) all good. Those are the ones off the top of my head.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Sophie11
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophie11.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Sophie11 »

I would definitely suggest Sarah J. Maas, she write beautiful and captivating stories. Try 'A court of thorns and roses' a series of 3 books. You will not regret it. One of the best YA reads for me.
Londera

Post by Londera »

Thanks for the suggestions. I have read some of Sarah J Maas' books and love them. Marie Lu is on my to be read list. Ill be sure to check out your suggestions :)
KiMB00P
Bookshelf Size: 118

Post by KiMB00P »

Bella Forrest is my current obsession. I just finished reading The Girl Who Dared to Think and the second book in the series will be released on September 18th. So, while I wait, I'm reading The Gender Game series.

I also enjoyed The Last Girl by Joe Hart. It's about a world where female births are down to like 1% or something and so the government collects them up when they are young and they're kept as prisoners.
Londera

Post by Londera »

I have never heard of Bella Forrest or the Gender Game series. Ill add it to my to be read list. Thanks for the recommendation. ?
peprica21
Currently Reading: Station Eleven
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peprica21.html
Latest Review: "The Bone Whisperer" by D.S. Allen

Post by peprica21 »

Tara Alterbrando, Kara Thomas, E. Lockhart, Jason Reynolds and Marcus Sedgwick are all great YA authors to look into. They cover a variety of topics and themes so hopefully one of their books stand out for you.
Latest Review: "The Bone Whisperer" by D.S. Allen
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

I love Marie Lu, the author of The Young Elites. I like that the main character of each one of her books and series is unique in their own way. She does not settle for a Mary Sue type of character, and she likes exploring different themes and settings.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I love and adore Marissa Meyer. The Lunar Chronicles is just about my favorite book series of all time and I legitimately read it at least twice a year as a result. I was really impressed with her book, Heartless, as well which is a standalone about the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. Her newest series, Renegades, fell a bit flat for me, but I still think she's an amazing author.

Others I really like include Christopher Pasolini, Alexandra Bracken, Michael Grant, Anthony Horowitz, and Marie Rutkoski.
null2018
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by null2018 »

Sarah J. Maas is my favourite YAF author by far.
Najihah13
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Najihah13 »

I havent really read many books and i am kind of a slow reader, but i really like Suzanne Young's 'The Program' and its sequel, 'The Treatment'. I find them very addicting, and somehow this one time i thought or felt that the Program actually exists/ was happening in real life.

Although, I'll probably find another YA author that i like more in the future, but for now i think this series is pretty great. 😁
Albrooks20197
Currently Reading: The Shack
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-albrooks20197.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by Albrooks20197 »

You HAVE to read the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. It is a trilogy. It is a dystopian story, but the writing is incredible and like nothing I've even seen. There are lines crossed out like thoughts that the main character thinks in her head, but doesn't want to say or acknowledge. One of my favorite all time passages is from that series:

"You don't have to do anything at all to die. We can hide in a cupboard under the stairs our whole life and it'll still find us. Death will show up wearing an invisible cloak and it will wave a magic wand and whisk us away when we least expect it. It will erase every trace of our existence on this earth and it will do all this work for free. It will ask for nothing in return. It will take a bow at our funeral and accept the accolades for a job well done and then it will disappear. Living is a little more complex. There's one thing we always have to do. Breathe. In and out, every single day in every hour, minute and moment we must inhale whether we like it or not. Even as we plan to asphyxiate our hopes and dreams still we breathe. Even as we wither away and sell our dignity to the man on the corner we breathe. We breathe when we're wrong, we breathe when we're right, we breathe even as we slip off an edge toward an early grave. It cannot be undone. So I breathe."

Some of the best writing i've ever seen period, let alone an YA book. I cannot recommend this series enough!
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jessinikkip »

Julie Kagawa is one of my favorites. She writes a lot of supernatural story lines, so expect faeries or vampires depending which books you pick. The Blood of Eden (vampires) was my favorite so far.
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

I love Laini Taylor just about to death. <3
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

Has anyone mentioned Holly Black yet? I don't know why it took me so long to get to her books, but I only read her for the first time last month! I've become a huge fan ever since. I love her style, so dark and elegant.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”