Book to learn German

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Anirudh Badri
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anirudh-badri.html
Latest Review: Galactic Passages: Planet 6333 by Dean and Anson Vargo

Book to learn German

Post by Anirudh Badri »

Hello all.

I am trying to learn German on my own. I have always thought it was a cool language and now with the internet, it is certainly possible. I would put myself at maybe B1-B2 in reading. I am now halfway through the 3rd book in the Harry Potter series and I enjoyed re-reading the first 2 in German.

I think I am ready to move beyond books that I have already read the English versions of, so I am looking for books in German that are simple and easy to read. I dislike reading books written for children since the storyline becomes too boring for me to keep going. Also, I generally dislike books entirely about romance.
It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.

–Oscar Wilde

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”