Need suggestions!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Justlooking4books
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Need suggestions!

Post by Justlooking4books »

Hi!

Im looking for book suggestions in regards to anything adventure/fantasy/sci fi/historical - anything interesting that has a strong female lead and like a weak but funny male lead? if that makes sense. The only way I can give an example of what I want is that I want the two lead relationships to be kind of like a Kim Possible/Ron stoppable duo relationship type. Im sick of reading adventure/any book with any romance in it having the male lead be amazing and strong and oh so alpha and the female lead being so weak and submissive I want to just read a book where the male lead is just useless(AND NOT ALPHA the alpha attitude annoys me so much) and the female lead has to save him all the time!

Would prefer the books to have some kind of humor in them but its not required!

Thanks!
NotNina
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NotNina »

I haven't read a lot of books, and unfortunately, this suggestion does not fall under the genres you are looking for, but Nancy Drew is cool. It is a series in which the protagonist is a Nancy Drew and she solves crimes. However, she doesn't have a "Ron Stoppable" by her side. But she has a boyfriend, and he is not the hero; she is.
Booklover123321
Currently Reading: Drop of Doubt (The Ghost Bird, #5)
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Booklover123321 »

I like to read stories off of wattpad.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

What you're looking for is called a 'beta male'. That's the term for romantic heroes who aren't alphas. There are actually several Goodreads lists that this encompasses, including Damsels In Shining Armor and Dudes In Distress. The Hunger Games trilogy falls into this category, for example.
I suggest this list! https://www.goodreads.com/list/tag/beta-male
Maria joraimah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 92854">The Zodiac Killer</a>
Currently Reading: Unbroken
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Maria joraimah »

I would suggest MEMORIES OF MIDNIGHT by Sidney Sheldon if you haven't read it yet. :)
" HAPPINESS is finding PEACE within yourself! " :D

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”