Recommendation for romance/mystery/supernatural book

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Mitaiyto
Bookshelf Size: 0

Recommendation for romance/mystery/supernatural book

Post by Mitaiyto »

Hello everyone,

I am planning on buying a book for a 21 year old girl as a gift. From what I know she mainly likes to read light sugary/romance books. I also know she likes light fantasy/supernatural themes and fairytales (Disney). I am looking for a book with these themes and maybe something mysterious (objects) and archaeological elements involved (possibly something Greece related).
I hope this isn't too much to ask and thanks in advance!
TheSeelieCourtJester
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theseeliecourtjester.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by TheSeelieCourtJester »

You can probably never go wrong with fairytale retellings from Gail Carson Levine; the movie, Ella Enchanted, was originally one of her books. For a darker version, she could also try the Vampire Kisses series, as well as, of course, the Twilight Saga, though it gets incredibly disturbing. You could also go with I, Corriander. I'd forgotten who the author was, but it's a story about a young girl who grows up in her mother's footsteps; it has evil step-parents, and is told kind of like a fairytale.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
James Wood

Post by James Wood »

For a combination of romance.mystery/supernatural you cannot go wrong with the Harry Potter series if she has not read them but be sure to start her off with the first book in the series.
given her age she might like the Nicholas Sparks books starting with Message in a Bottle. An oldie but goodie.
Shelf Fulfilled

Post by Shelf Fulfilled »

"Of Poseidon" by Anna Banks if she likes mermaids.
julius githinji

Post by julius githinji »

can i get supernatural book with main character dean and sam

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”