Looking for new scifi/fantasy romance novels.

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
masterhawk88
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-masterhawk88.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Looking for new scifi/fantasy romance novels.

Post by masterhawk88 »

I have a guilty pleasure. I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's dark hunter series, and later her League series.
They're all great reads I'd recommend to anyone who loves modern fantasy and scifi.

What really draws me to them is that the books stand proud as well written stories, with the steamy bits honestly not required to enjoy them. I'm looking for other books like that, where the romance part of the story feels like an addition to the larger plot, and not the main focus.

Anyone have suggestions?
LKCooper
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Breaking Sandcastles</a>
Currently Reading: Sherlock Holmes Detective Agency
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by LKCooper »

Instead of looking for "new", try some "old". I used to read a ton of sci-fi/fantasy back in the 80s and 90s. Try Melanie Rawn's Dragon Prince Trilogy. Great characters and I seem to recall a really good romance for the lead. :)
masterhawk88

Post by masterhawk88 »

I'll give em a look. I'm really looking for anything outside of Kenyon's works. I own and have all of them a half dozen times.
Alhen James
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6028">The Darkest Hour</a>
Currently Reading: Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 136

Post by Alhen James »

I've read the League series too, love the stories. Have you read Lauren Dane's Federation Chronicles and Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles? They're stories set in the future. Really good books.
masterhawk88

Post by masterhawk88 »

Alhen James wrote:I've read the League series too, love the stories. Have you read Lauren Dane's Federation Chronicles and Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles? They're stories set in the future. Really good books.

I had not heard of those, will definitely give them a look
Through books, I have lived not just one life but thousands.
Penny Lee
Favorite Author: R. A. Salvatore
Favorite Book: The Count of Monte Cristo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 485
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-lee.html
Latest Review: The Pirate Who Was Scared of Birds by Michelle Path
fav_author_id: 8463

Post by Penny Lee »

The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. They involve time travel into the past, although are not sci-fi per se. Excellent and gripping plots, beautiful romance and love.

Also try The Atlantis Grail series by Vera Nazarian. The first book is entitled "Qualify." They are written for young adults, but I couldn't put them down!
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series. Romance, but with a fantastic overarching storyline (to the point that I wouldn't recommend reading out of order). It's hard to sum up in a few words, but I highly recommend it.
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
advicesbooks
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by advicesbooks »

Hi, I suggest that you take a look at these two new scifi/fantasy romance novels : The Necklace series, by Linda S. Rice and Eloise, The Secret Behind The Mask by L.Vucetich.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”