An other vampire book recommendation

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Standingman
Bookshelf Size: 0

An other vampire book recommendation

Post by Standingman »

Ok guys and girls, i will start off with me. I am not a strong reader so dont be afraid to recommend an more teenaged book. But i am looking for more adult lvl stuff. Now what im not really looking for. Anne rice.. i looked into her books and they are mostly about gay vampires having sex.. not really what a wana spend a night reading about. Its just not for me. Sex is fine but i prefer a good story then erotic literature. Something along the lines that i would like would basicly be a "world of darkness" book. "World of darkness" is a "world or reality" that started as a dnd game and thankfully became a pc game in the early 2000s. I can only tell you about what i know from the game. Its a world where super natrual beings exist and at some point vampires decided that they need to "Masquerade" as humans to hide from the Vatican better. So vampires and other intelligent supernaturals basicly have rules to follow to avoid being discovered and persecuted. There are some groups that dont care and they are always being cleaned up after. There is a group that calls them selves the camirila. They think they are the only form of "government" that will work for vampires. The anarchists have already kicked them out of California before but they came back. Thats kinda bare bones for the world if darkness but they dont have a book series yet. Shame. Is there anything out ther like that as of now?
ndumia
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by ndumia »

DARK LOVER(BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD) by J. R WARD
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.
The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.
Standingman

Post by Standingman »

Sound interesting. Ill think ill try that one. Any more recommendations
Steffi30
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steffi30.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Steffi30 »

Try the early Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novels by Laurell K. Hamilton. The first one is Guilty Pleasures and I'd read up to Narcissus in Chains. A lot of the books after Narcissus have a lot more sex than the first ones, a lot of involving multiple people at the same time but the early books in the series are really good.
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
Standingman

Post by Standingman »

I think i looked into those. I like a story from the vampire's side better. But keep the recommendations coming. I saw a lot of recommendations for the Vampire Academy not sure what to make of that one.
Alhen James
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6028">The Darkest Hour</a>
Currently Reading: Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 136

Post by Alhen James »

Try the Captive Series by Erica Stevens. I'm current reading the last book.
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

lover awakened(black dagger brotherhood #3)by J.R. Ward
the vampire academy series
Zupanatural
Currently Reading: The Book of Strange New Things
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zupanatural.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Zupanatural »

Carmilla by Sheridan Le Fanu is my favourite vampire read. Sounds like you're after contemporary stuff but the classic, old school ghost & vampire stories are where its at... ;)
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Serena_Charlotte
Favorite Author: Neal Shusterman
Currently Reading: The Heads of Cerberus
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serena-charlotte.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
fav_author_id: 2788

Post by Serena_Charlotte »

You should try looking into Holly Black. She has a few really good and refreshing fantasy novels. One of my favorites is a vampire book called The Coldest Girl in Cold Town. Yes, the title sounds cheesy, but you should look into it. It’s actually pretty good.
Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
Is the reality of the world different from how we perceive and experience it in our minds? Does physical reality exist apart from the human mind?
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

Check out the Thirst series by Christopher Pike, its long and pretty unique.
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

Standingman wrote: 08 May 2017, 21:44 I think i looked into those. I like a story from the vampire's side better. But keep the recommendations coming. I saw a lot of recommendations for the Vampire Academy not sure what to make of that one.
Yess try the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, and if you don't like it try the Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith.
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino

Post by jessinikkip »

I would recommend the book series Blood of Eden by Julie Kagawa. I read the series in college and again pretty recently and they are an excellent Trilogy with a good cast of humans and vampires as well as what comes of emotion and does just being a vampire make them a monster. It's a young adult book so it's not too hard of a read, but each is long, making sure you have enough to keep you going.
Vampirepotato4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Vampirepotato4 »

I know one that's kind of from a vampire perspective. The main character was born half-vampire, half-human. She blames her unknown vampire dad for passing on this curse and tries to use it for good by killing any and all vampires she can get her hands on, mainly because her mom raised her to believe she was cursed and basically half evil. One night when she's hunting she focuses on a vampire that's a little out of her league but it just so happens they're doing similar things so he proposes that they pair up. It is heavily laced with romance and sex but definitely has an interesting plot besides that and makes for an awesome read. Sound interesting?
ccrews0408
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccrews0408.html
Latest Review: From Hill Town to Strieby by Margo Lee Williams

Post by ccrews0408 »

Have you heard of the Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison? The main character is actually a witch but it incorporates all supernatural entities such as vampires, elves and fairies. I really enjoyed the series and I think it's worth a look.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”