Looking for something different to read.

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
MoseyProse
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moseyprose.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Re: Looking for something different to read.

Post by MoseyProse »

You should try reading some short stories! They might be easier to read if you're still hesitant about reading an entire novel in English.

I reccomend any short stories written by Stephen King (horror), Roald Dahl (Comedy/Thriller) and Jeffery Deaver (Thriller/Crime).
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

Seeing you live in Texas, you will probably enjoy Rick Riordan's Tres Navarre series. It's an adult detective series, set in San Antonio mostly. Tres is cool and he writes really well. The plots are different and the atmosphere is great - well, not that I know anything about Texas, but I'm sure you will relate to tequila and thunder storms. It starts with The Great Red Tequila
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

How about Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner? It's completely different from what you are used to but definitely a book that you'll love.
v Nolder
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by v Nolder »

“the Fly In Your Drink” it will get you thinking. Might even put a whole new perspective on your life.
Archie Tewksbury

Post by Archie Tewksbury »

I can suggest you 2 of my favorite novels which i read so far
you can ignore if you have already read it.
1) The Alchemist by Paulo coelho
2) Life is what you make it by Preeti shenoy
MrsK2016

Post by MrsK2016 »

Maybe The Hunger Games. Yes it is for young adults but it is different than what you normally read.
Audioslaver17
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 14">Father Night</a>
Currently Reading: Codex
Bookshelf Size: 649

Post by Audioslaver17 »

If you're interested in the Paranormal, I would highly recommend the book i'm currently reading. The Door Marked Summer by Michael Bentine (yes, for those old enough to remember the Goons, that one), the book details his interest and investigations into this fascinating subject.
Whippet
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whippet.html
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Whippet »

I think you should try something light to change it up. Get some chick-lit in there :) like Bridget Jones Diary. If not, try Tom Robbins' work, he's super funny and his stories are often ridiculous but engaging too, with great heart and spirit.
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi
scrollworm
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrollworm.html

Post by scrollworm »

The Book of Lost Things by John Connelly.

The book is written like it is for children and teens but basically addressed to adults who have forgotten about their childhood years. It is a refreshing story, something that will trigger again your childhood memories.

How often have we dreamt about getting lost in the woods and discovering hidden magical cottages? Or how about befriending a knight whose quest is to rescue his lover? Or meeting a fairy? Or meeting the king of a magical kingdom? These tales we have once loved and wished will be revisited. But with twists that only a proper adult can understand.
Faith Atieno okoth
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-atieno-okoth.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Faith Atieno okoth »

Read,"THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE "by Rick Warren it will always lift you up.
Zuribooks
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zuribooks.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Zuribooks »

you should read the island under the sea by Isabel Allende, i dont know if you want to cry but you will with this book, is just beautiful.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”