Self-improvement book

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
supahotfire123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Self-improvement book

Post by supahotfire123 »

Hi. I'm a pretty lonely guy and I decided to look for some books that help connect with people. Some advice about winning friends over, improving conversation skills, becoming someone people want to be around - I think you get the picture. Should I buy top books in that field like "How to win friends over and influence poeple", "Skill with people", "Never eat alone" etc. or maybe something else?

Keep in mind I'm not looking for confidence boosters. I'm actually far from shy but after making a good first impression I tend to lose people's interest over time :( . Thanks in advance.
jenayathewriter

Post by jenayathewriter »

I'd recommend just about any body language book. They show you ways to appear confident and relaxed thus translating to good people skills and positive influence.
Darlene Reilley

Post by Darlene Reilley »

How to Win Friends, etc. is a classic. There's also a book coming out that I'm looking forward to by an up-and-coming people skills guru. Her name is Vanessa Van Edwards and she runs scienceofpeople.com. Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People is coming out in April and I've blocked off a month to read it. I took her people skills course and it was eye-opening!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”