Christian Fantasy Recommendations

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Christian Fantasy Recommendations

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

My favorite genre is Christian Fantasy and would love to hear some recommendations. I love epic fantasy with great characters and world building.
DreamWriteDo2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DreamWriteDo2 »

That is one of mine too! I do know of a site where you can read unpublished stories. They have quite a few good stories within this genre. Let me know what you think.

-Nicole.
Rachaelamb1

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

What site is that? You can PM me if you don't want to post it on here.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Have you read Ted Dekker?
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Hampton_Roe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hampton_Roe »

What is Christian Fantasy? Is that some sort of Bible stories?
Rachaelamb1

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

rssllue wrote:Have you read Ted Dekker?
One, not a fan of his though.

-- 03 Jan 2017, 20:41 --
Hampton_Roe wrote:What is Christian Fantasy? Is that some sort of Bible stories?
Christian fantasy is like normal fantasy but it contains Christian principles. One excellent example of the is The Chronicles of Narnia.
Juanita700
Currently Reading: Anastasia&rsquo;s Book of Days
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juanita700.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
2024 Reading Goal: 4
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Juanita700 »

What is Christian Fantasy ? I have never heard of it before. It sounds interesting. Please tell me ?
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Have you read any of Francine Rivers' books, I don't think they would be considered fantasy, but they are amazing.
Sandi
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0">Blessed Child</a>
Currently Reading: The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Sandi »

I highly recommend The Heaven Trilogy by Ted Dekker, anything by author Frank Perretti, The Sword of Lyric series by Sharon Hinck, and The City of God Trilogy by R. S. Ingermanson.

Any of of these are great starting points for fantasy Christian Fiction!
TobiOrNotTobi
Currently Reading: Dracula
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by TobiOrNotTobi »

Mjgarrison wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 14:42 Have you read any of Francine Rivers' books, I don't think they would be considered fantasy, but they are amazing.
Francine Rivers has a gift for writing. The way she writes her stories are just phenomenal. I loved her Lineage of Grace stories. I'm currently reading Redeeming Love, and I am in love! The funny thing is, I used to be a christian, and yet, I have no problem with her stories. To be honest, she's actually one of my favorite authors. In my most humble opinion, I believe you don't need to be a christian to enjoy her books (but if you are a christian, it's just an added bonus). They are that good!
"Grief is deeper when the sun goes down and memories rise up with the moon and stars." - "A Lineage of Grace" by Francine Rivers
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

TobiOrNotTobi wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 20:29
Mjgarrison wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 14:42 Have you read any of Francine Rivers' books, I don't think they would be considered fantasy, but they are amazing.
Francine Rivers has a gift for writing. The way she writes her stories are just phenomenal. I loved her Lineage of Grace stories. I'm currently reading Redeeming Love, and I am in love! The funny thing is, I used to be a christian, and yet, I have no problem with her stories. To be honest, she's actually one of my favorite authors. In my most humble opinion, I believe you don't need to be a christian to enjoy her books (but if you are a christian, it's just an added bonus). They are that good!
I loved Redeeming love, couldn't put it down.
TobiOrNotTobi
Currently Reading: Dracula
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by TobiOrNotTobi »

Mjgarrison wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 20:47
TobiOrNotTobi wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 20:29
I loved Redeeming love, couldn't put it down.
I'm borrowing the book from my sister, and to be honest, I kind of want to "permanently borrow" it. xD
In the end, I'm just going to end up buying my own copy (or buy her a new copy :lol2: )
"Grief is deeper when the sun goes down and memories rise up with the moon and stars." - "A Lineage of Grace" by Francine Rivers
Firedrake
Currently Reading: Flamecaster
Bookshelf Size: 696
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firedrake.html
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr

Post by Firedrake »

I strongly recommend anything by Anne Elisabeth Stengl. She has all the qualities you listed, and is a master wordsmith as well.
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”