Book recommendations please!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Avaleinna07
Currently Reading: Angel of Storms
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avaleinna07.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Book recommendations please!

Post by Avaleinna07 »

Hello everyone! I have just finished reading The Way of Kings, the Mistborn series, The Reckoners series, and The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson. I loved all of these! I have started reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss again, because I cannot find anything else that I want to read. I am an avid fantasy novel reader, so if anyone knows of any good fantasy novels, please let me know!
nyxhia
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyxhia.html

Post by nyxhia »

Hi Avaleinna07!
I was like you until a friend of mine recommended me The Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny. It is basically all 10 published books of the universe in one book. The first one is Nine Princes in Amber, but I assure you when you finish you will want to continue reading the next one! It is written in a very smart way and there's always something happening. I don't want to say anything else, just dive in to the book asap!! ;)
Kaylin McFarren
Favorite Book: Buried Threads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75

Post by Kaylin McFarren »

You might enjoy the Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan or The Dragon's Path by Daniel Abraham. They're both part of a series and come highly recommended by friends, who just happen to be fellow authors.
Alhen James
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6028">The Darkest Hour</a>
Currently Reading: Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 136

Post by Alhen James »

Have you read the Hawaiian Hero series by Cathryn Cade? It's about the legends surrounding the history of Hawaii.
Anirudh Badri
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anirudh-badri.html
Latest Review: Galactic Passages: Planet 6333 by Dean and Anson Vargo

Post by Anirudh Badri »

As a person who loves a lot of those books as well, try out the Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher. I simply loved it.
It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.

–Oscar Wilde
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

Oh, if you have read Brian Sanderson, you need to try Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" series. The author died before completing the series (there are something like 16 books, but really, really worth it) and his wife commissioned Sanderson to write the last three books. And he did such a fantastic job!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”