Good reads for a hospital stay?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
catfranie
Bookshelf Size: 2

Good reads for a hospital stay?

Post by catfranie »

In a few short weeks, I'll be delivering a baby and will be in the hospital for a few days. Any good recommendations that aren't too deep in topic?
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Congratulations! Will this be your first child?
I ended up packing a few different books with me for the hospital stay while waiting for my son to arrive.
Actually, I never cracked a cover though, because there was just too much going on for me to read. And, I felt like my life at the moment was much more exciting than any book could ever be! :)
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
smhawkins
Currently Reading: The Art of Racing in the Rain
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smhawkins.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Post by smhawkins »

Congratulations!! I'd definitely recommend something a little lighter. It also depends on what genre you like.

Maybe something by Jojo Moyes, Mary Higgins Clark, or even re-reading a series?

Next on my list is the Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. Have heard good things about it.
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

The Rosie Project. Lighthearted and beautiful. Be Well!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”