Christian or Amish novels

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Rumbly
Favorite Book: Warlock of the Magus World Series
Bookshelf Size: 25

Re: Christian or Amish novels

Post by Rumbly »

I remember Chronicles of Narnia by Christian author CS Lewis and Lord of the Flies by William Golding has lots of Christian Symbolism.
I think there was some reference to Cain and Abel in East of Eden by John Steinbeck, and the characters in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen following Christian beliefs.
Joanna19
Currently Reading: The Ring of Solomon
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Joanna19 »

Not an Amish book, but my favorite Christian books of all time is "Blessed Child" and "A Man called Blessed" by Bill Bright and Ted Dekker. My second favorite series is The Circle series by Ted Dekker, a Christian allegorical fantasy.
CG1103
Currently Reading: The Clouds Still Hang
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cg1103.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by CG1103 »

Francine Rivers is a Christian author. I see someone else suggested her book called Redeeming Love and I second that! This book is amazing. I have read it 3-4 times.

I have also read her other book called Bridge to Haven and that was pretty good. She has a new novel out now called The Masterpiece and I can’t wait to get my hands on it.
churchmouse70
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by churchmouse70 »

The best Amish series that I’ve ever read is The Daughters of Caleb Bender written by Dale Cramer. Book 1 is called Paradise Valley, book 2 is called The Captive Heart, and book 3 is called Though Mountains Fall. I highly recommend this unforgettable series!
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Jmar_la wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 21:09 I have read some Christian fiction that has been wonderful. There is a series of books by Jan Karon called the Mitford Novels. As soon as I finshed with one, I already had the next one, because I didn't want too much time in between. They were so good. Another Christian fiction author I like is Francine Rivers. Her novels, such as the Mark of the Lion Series, are so good. One of her books called Redeeming Love was excellent.
Yes! Both of these are excellent authors. I love reading series, too.
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Scooterangel

Post by Scooterangel »

pricklypurple wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 11:32 Christian novels: Francine Rivers, Redeeming Love
I have read redeeming love by fraces rivers it makes you cry A very good book.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

Yes, I too like Karen Kingsbury books - I have not yet finished the Baxter Family book series.
Francine Rivers - Redeeming Love, The Atonement Child & The Scarlet Thread.
Catherine Palmer - A Whisper of Danger , A Touch of Betrayal, Prairie Fire, Prairie & Storm
Amish Novels:- When Morning Comes and When the Soul Mends by Cindy Woodsmall
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: Devil in False Colors
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Nicole_Boyd »

ebeth wrote: 25 Oct 2016, 19:18 I don't suggest amish book because I have amish friends and it's hard for me to read those because most of them are not realistic for the amish ways. My favorite christian author is Lynn Austin. Give her a try.
I agree! Lynn Austin is one of my favorites too. Her Gods and Kings series is SOOO good!
Aunt Sappy
Currently Reading:

Post by Aunt Sappy »

Wanda Brunstetter is widely read by the Amish, because she so accurately describes their ways, and she has many Amish friends whom she regularly visits. Her daughter and granddaughter also write Amish fiction, and all are well-written.
Cardui
Currently Reading: Legal Guide for the Visual Artist
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Cardui »

You might enjoy books by Karen Kingsbury, Tracie Peterson, and Francine Rivers. The Mark of the Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers is a favorite of mine. I don’t know that any of these authors write about the Amish specifically but they all have Christian themes in their books.
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by magnoparisi »

churchmouse70 wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 20:40 The best Amish series that I’ve ever read is The Daughters of Caleb Bender written by Dale Cramer. Book 1 is called Paradise Valley, book 2 is called The Captive Heart, and book 3 is called Though Mountains Fall. I highly recommend this unforgettable series!
I should give it a try. Thanks for the tip. :tiphat:
Amanda Howard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-howard.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Amanda Howard »

I recommend Melody Carlson for Christian novels!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”