Romance/Fantasy Recommendations

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
binsh
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Icon Romance/Fantasy Recommendations

Post by binsh »

Hello my fellow readers :tiphat:
Looking for any recommendations you may have for romance/fantasy. Some books I have recently read and enjoyed were the Outlander series and Sevenwaters series (read up to the 5th book). Looking for something similar to those if you have any suggestion I would really appreciate it!!

*Also read Uprooted and did not enjoy it that much. Not a bad book, just not what I'm looking for.
Smokie_moi
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smokie-moi.html

Post by Smokie_moi »

Audrey Carlan Calender Girl Series and the Crossfire Series are good reads. However they may not be "fantasy" like you suggested. ;)
Jcookie
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Jcookie »

Try Jacqueline Carey's Phaedra's trilogy, Imriel's trilogy and Moirin's trilogy. They are all a continuation of the story and each book is very long but they draw you in.
Alhen James
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6028">The Darkest Hour</a>
Currently Reading: Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 136

Post by Alhen James »

Existence series by Abbi Glines.
Angels Everywhere series by Debbie Macomber
Sophie11
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophie11.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Sophie11 »

Hey guys, i love reading romance novels but i feel like i have read too many with very straight forward stories, can someone please recommend a well fleshed out romance with great developed characters.
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

I know exactly what you mean. I have felt that way before. You may try Apollo's Raven and see if it's something different for you.
Sophie11 wrote:Hey guys, i love reading romance novels but i feel like i have read too many with very straight forward stories, can someone please recommend a well fleshed out romance with great developed characters.
Sin24
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sin24.html
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing

Post by Sin24 »

Sophie11 wrote:Hey guys, i love reading romance novels but i feel like i have read too many with very straight forward stories, can someone please recommend a well fleshed out romance with great developed characters.
How about giving " An Occasion of Sin " by Andrew Greeley a chance, it was funny, it was short and it was different and it has really stuck with me after all of these years.
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing
DENIS NYAGAH
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by DENIS NYAGAH »

I recommend TESS
Yasme
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasme.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Yasme »

I really liked Maia Underwoods ' Surviving Passion'. It's post-apocalyptic, and is very well written.
CryhavocMars

Post by CryhavocMars »

If you like Fantasy/Sci-fi Romance, I recommend the Samaria series by Sharon Shinn, starting with Archangel.

Try not to read any spoilers if you research it but at first the books will seam all "religiousy". Trust me its not and you'll enjoy the premise of the books as you figure out what is going on. Ms Shinn is an awesome writer and she really gets you invested in the characters. This is not cheesy dime store stuff. Adult but not "smutty".
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

Some of the Nora Roberts series might be of interest to you.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

Romance Fantasy recommendations? I'm not sure... but try Diviner's series by Nicolette Andrews, Witches of Doyle series by Kirsten Weiss and books by Bethany Claire.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

Rosemary beach series by Abbi Glines.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
MrsK2016

Post by MrsK2016 »

The submissive series is one of my favorite romance series to read and I highly recommend it.
docfatima
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19764">The Duke's Holiday</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-docfatima.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by docfatima »

Summer lake series by SJ McCoy....

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”