Suggestion books for summer

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
elenaeffe
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenaeffe.html

Suggestion books for summer

Post by elenaeffe »

Hi everybody,
I would live to bring a book to read on the Beach. I Was thinking about herman hesse or murakami. What do you think? Which is the best one?
arpi05
Currently Reading: Looking for Alaska
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arpi05.html

Post by arpi05 »

I suggest We Were Liars by E Lockhart. It's probably one of my favorite books ever. The book is a YA Fiction which will break your heart into tiny little pieces. The story starts off vague but unravels the plot beautifully later. All the characters fit in perfectly. I personally feel that the side characters are really well used in the story. The writing style is poetic (to some extent) and very well crafted. The book's a well written emotional roller coaster and definitely worth a read!
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

I think Dan Brown books are great for the summer! I recommend The Digital Fortress.
pooja_594

Post by pooja_594 »

These are some of the books which turned out to be good summer reads for me:
Lock and Key
Saint Anything
The truth about forever
Along for the Ride
- all the above by Sarah Dessen

The Fill-in- Boyfriend
The Distance between us
P.S I like you
- by Kasie West ( P.S I like you wasn't as great as the other two but was still likeable).

A monster calls by Patrick Ness

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

The Last time we say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand( its kind of a heavy read but its easily one of the best bools i have read this year. And i hope you enjoy it as much as i did :)
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Hesse can be quite deep, but if you enjoy that sort of writing go for it. I prefer Thomas Mann who was a great friend and supporter of Hesse in the early days of Hesse's writing. Among Mann's best works are The Magic Mountain (which contains a great deal of French text so get an annotated version), it is a story of life in a sanatorium for tubercular patients, and The Buddenbrooks which tells of the gradual deterioration of a prosperous family over several generations. These novels are both quite long. Perhaps the best introduction to Mann if you have not already read him would be a collection of his short stories.

Another that you might like of this same ilk would be Henrik Ibsen who though he was a playwright can be read in the form of prose novellas of his plays, my favorite of which are The Enemy Of The People, and A Doll's House. He also wrote Hedda Gabler, Peer Gynt, and Ghosts which are all very well known.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
henrylopela

Post by henrylopela »

I reccommend enemy of the people by henric Ibsen or river between by ngugi wa thiongo.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”