Teen/adult fantasy fiction

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
pasttimes
Currently Reading: The Return of the King
Bookshelf Size: 78

Teen/adult fantasy fiction

Post by pasttimes »

Hi

I'm 19 and Fantasy fiction was mainly what got me into reading, and I would like to revisit my passion in books. If anyone could give me a book or books similar in style to the Eragon series, Wolfbrother series, Robin Hobb works, without it just being a similar but not as good spin off type story please! Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Nicole365
Currently Reading: Stolen Voices
Bookshelf Size: 308

Post by Nicole365 »

You could try Traveling and fire by Kristin cashier they are sorta written in the same fashion as Eragon! You could also try Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey! All of them are great books!!
Kavyah
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavyah.html

Post by Kavyah »

You could go for the Fallen Star series by Jessica Sorrenson, Everneath series by Brodi Ashton and most of all Starcrossed Series by Josephine Angelini . I found them captivating and really enjoyable to the end.
Melroe68
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Melroe68 »

"Steelheart" by Brandon Sanderson. Everything he writes is awesome but this novel starts a YA series.
Pagebound
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pagebound.html

Post by Pagebound »

One of my favorites was the Rangers Apprentice series.
RobinStock
Currently Reading: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinstock.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by RobinStock »

Nicole365 wrote:You could try Traveling and fire by Kristin cashier they are sorta written in the same fashion as Eragon! You could also try Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey! All of them are great books!!
Kristin Cashore's books are very good. Start with Graceling, then Fire, then Bitterblue.

Also - Sarah J. Maas writes great fantasy - Throne of Glass starts a very, very good series...
acn11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acn11.html

Post by acn11 »

Check out The Naming by Alison Croggon. First of a 4 book series and a cross between Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings. One of my favorites!
fari30
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Post by fari30 »

If you're into High Fantasy, you should definitely try out Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. I'm currently reading it and I'm blown away! Enjoy!
My weekend is all booked!
psychopathycathy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psychopathycathy.html
Latest Review: Notes of Sorrow Songs Of Joy by Robert Lauri

Post by psychopathycathy »

The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas is definitely one of my favorites! I also recommend the Graceling books and the Grisha trilogy!
Long5rose

Post by Long5rose »

A shade of vampire series it's a really good one! Lots of books to keep you going for a while and its not the same old/repeat/predictable type book.
Ash Stein

Post by Ash Stein »

Depends on what you're looking for more! If you would like to read some adult fantasy novels I'd recommend the Dragonriders of Pern Series by Anne McCaffrey. There are a TON of them, so you can pick and choose which one's you'd like to read and if memory serves they are some of the books that inspired the Eragon series.

Otherwise, I'd recommend Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. It's less adventure, but both books involve dragons and interesting new fantasy worlds.
firecat88
Currently Reading: Trapped
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by firecat88 »

I'm quite partial to pretty much anything by Tamora Pierce. But especially her Immortals and Circle of Magic quartets.
MarieMc
Currently Reading: Host
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariemc.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MarieMc »

Kristin Cashore's books are very good. Start with Graceling, then Fire, then Bitterblue.

Also - Sarah J. Maas writes great fantasy - Throne of Glass starts a very, very good series...
I loved these books!! I am not finished with the Sarah J Maas Throne of Glass series yet. I will certainly read the rest.
Can't go wrong with these options.
Today is a good day
to have GOOD day!!
I Like Fiction Books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-like-fiction-books.html
Latest Review: Merlin's Rings: Book One: Young Crusaders by Virginia Hoyt

Post by I Like Fiction Books »

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”