Suggest Classicals, Please!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Re: Suggest Classicals, Please!

Post by Julie Green »

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. And pretty much anything by George Orwell is a must read - but especially Animal Farm and 1984.
S Chinaski
Currently Reading: Before They're Gone
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheshiercat.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by S Chinaski »

I'm unfamiliar with many mentioned here; my classical tastes usually run in the sci-fi vein, but Frankenstein is an absolute favorite of mine. I remember how blown away I was as a young reader by the depth of the monster character in Shelley's telling, as opposed to the Hollywood version I was familiar with.

I think it's hard to go wrong with Ray Bradbury as well, although his style may not be as "classic" as others mentioned.

Joseph Heller, Ira Levin, and Ken Kesey are also great reads, although slightly less classic. :)
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ksharmilla »

This is more on the fairytale classics.
Grimm Brothers and Hans Christian Anderson. The original fairytales. Some of them are kind of..well..grisly...

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”