Wool: Hugh Howey

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
dbressler
Currently Reading: Chilled
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbressler.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Wool: Hugh Howey

Post by dbressler »

I was drawn into these books completely. I've found several silo stories but, they don't come close. Does anybody have any recommendations?
L Anthony Skelton
Favorite Author: Hugh Howey
Currently Reading: The Bulls of War
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2829

Post by L Anthony Skelton »

Wasn't the first book of Wool just unbelievable? (in a good way)
I assume you read his other silo books. I found these also to be good books as well. He does a good job at creating these characters, and then throws them into a steamy mix.
But I recently read Beacon 23 by Howey and was completely amazed again. It's not a silo type thing, but you might look into it.
Book Bear
Currently Reading: Earth Alone
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bear.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B0184OCGAK

Post by Book Bear »

L Anthony Skelton wrote: 03 Aug 2016, 11:14 Wasn't the first book of Wool just unbelievable? (in a good way)
I assume you read his other silo books. I found these also to be good books as well. He does a good job at creating these characters, and then throws them into a steamy mix.
But I recently read Beacon 23 by Howey and was completely amazed again. It's not a silo type thing, but you might look into it.
The WoolTrilogy was great. Highly recommended reading. However, I recently read Beacon 23. I wasn't sure about it to begin with but really got into it in and loved it.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”