A book on mourning?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
LauraBeth0625
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurabeth0625.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

A book on mourning?

Post by LauraBeth0625 »

It is with a deep heavy heart that I ask this question. I am sure most of you have seen the news, and saw the information on our local hometown hero and fallen officer. I am looking to buy his 2 daughters , both under the age of 10 , a book on mourning.
This Detective was both a good man, father, and friend and I would like to make sure whatever I give them, they will understand and appreciate for a lifetime.
" A hero remembered, never dies"
thank you for your recommendations.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I recommend A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. It's about a little boy and how he deals with loss.
erica_bvs
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 668">Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince</a>
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica-bvs.html

Post by erica_bvs »

I was raised in a Christian household and when my father passed someone gave me a book called Someday Heaven.
I Like Fiction Books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-like-fiction-books.html
Latest Review: Merlin's Rings: Book One: Young Crusaders by Virginia Hoyt

Post by I Like Fiction Books »

Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan

It is a great read, and the main character is in middle school.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”