Please help me find some good Zombie novels

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Jace1709
Bookshelf Size: 0

Please help me find some good Zombie novels

Post by Jace1709 »

In the last day or two i've suddenly got the urge to read some good Zombie novels. I did a google search for a book forum and this was the best result i could see.

If anyone could help me find some good books/series i would be very grateful.

I've done some searching of my own, but there's a lot out there and i wouldn't really know where to begin. I did see a book about a Zombie baby being raised by humans, i've heard about that film/book about the zombie/human love story, but none of that really interests me.

I'm looking for some conventional Zombie stories, along the lines of The Walking Dead, The Living Dead movies, etc. Zombie Apocalypse, surivor/group staying alive, and so on. Saying that, if there are some really good stories out there that veer away from that premise i'll definitly tak them into consideration as well, so feel free to post what you think is best.

Thanks in advance.

Jace
Alylynn317
Currently Reading: Every Last Word
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alylynn317.html

Post by Alylynn317 »

I have not read many Zombie novels, but I too am interested in finding some good ones!

The only ones I have read were the Alice in Zombieland Series (by Gena Showalter). It's a young adult series, definitely not conventional zombie stuff, but still very interesting if you like the Young Adult Genre. And I have also read Dawn of the Dreadfuls (Prequel to Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies) by Steve Hockensmith and of course Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies. Those were good as well.
njzeba
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njzeba.html

Post by njzeba »

Ohhh there's this book called Suffer The Children by Craig DiLouie. It gave me chills and I actually cried reading this.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Try something my Gina Showalter. If you are not totally against teen fiction, try Alice in Zombieland. I recommend the entire series, but you could try the first book out and see what you think.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
pinstar
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts (Unpublished Old Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by pinstar »

Rot and ruin! By Jonathan maberry. It was really good, its post apocalyptic so its kind of this society (s) after. Its great and part of a series, I just haven't gotten around to buying the other books to read yet.
L Anthony Skelton
Favorite Author: Hugh Howey
Currently Reading: The Bulls of War
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2829

Post by L Anthony Skelton »

Zombie novels are common.
"Good" Zombie novels I would recommend are something I am still in search of. I will keep my eye on this thread.
Cristina
Bookshelf Size: 3117
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Cristina »

Try Chris Philbrook's Adrian's Undead Diary series. The Undead Situation by Eloise J Knapp. Zombie, Ohio by Scott Kenemore. Rain: Rise of the Undead by Shaun Harbinger. Life After the Undead by Pembroke Sinclair.
mrsdeg1983
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsdeg1983.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mrsdeg1983 »

Riot of the living dead by Sam Elkins Funny as well
Fools Apocalypse by Anderson Atlas
Cristina
Bookshelf Size: 3117
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Cristina »

mrsdeg1983 wrote:Riot of the living dead by Sam Elkins Funny as well
Fools Apocalypse by Anderson Atlas
I picked up Riot of the Living Dead. Thanks for adding these! :D
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

If you're looking for surivor/group staying alive type of books then I would recommend reading The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey or The Passage trilogy by Justin Cronin.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

For an unconventional one you could try Undead Redhead by Jen Frankel. It was a good story.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Guppy
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guppy.html
Latest Review: "Aftermath" by Gary Gaudin

Post by Guppy »

Following this topic since I love this genre too. I recommend Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and its prequel. In fact all of the Quirk classics I have read so far have been great, though not all are about zombies.

I also recommend World War Z, the book was really engrossing.
Latest Review: "Aftermath" by Gary Gaudin
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

Sarah_Khan wrote:If you're looking for surivor/group staying alive type of books then I would recommend reading The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey...
I'm currently in the middle of reading this and am thoroughly enjoying it. Part of the premise is potentially a bit less "traditional" zombie, but definitely great so far.

Another one that I have read recently is "Zone One" by Colson Whitehead, which was very good as well. This one concentrated on the reclaiming of New York for habitation and the attempt at re-building society in the wake of the undead (still plenty of undead... don't worry). This was a bit more literary than I am used to with respect to zombie literature though.
Serena_Charlotte
Favorite Author: Neal Shusterman
Currently Reading: The Heads of Cerberus
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serena-charlotte.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
fav_author_id: 2788

Post by Serena_Charlotte »

I would definitely suggest The Girl With Many Gifts. It’s very outlandish and novel. It’s unlike any other zombie book I have ever seen before.
Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
Is the reality of the world different from how we perceive and experience it in our minds? Does physical reality exist apart from the human mind?
Carmen K
Favorite Author: J.D. Robb
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4006

Post by Carmen K »

Diana Rowland writes a fun and engaging series about White Trash Zombies
Also recommend John Ringo's Black Tide Rising series about surviving a zombie apocalypse - this one is darker and gorier but awesome

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”