Looking for a new book/author

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
swhizite
Bookshelf Size: 0

Looking for a new book/author

Post by swhizite »

As a science teacher I love to geek out with a good science book and I have recently fallen head over heals for Mary Roach books. They way she ties scientific facts and research into an entertaining text keeps me coming back for more. I have read all of her books and I am currently looking for another author who has a similar writing style. Any suggestions??
Ngalan
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngalan.html

Post by Ngalan »

Have you read "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lax"? Not a fiction, but a really interesting (and true!) story about a woman who had cervical cancer and the docs at Johns Hopkins took her cells for research. Her contribution revolutionized how cancer research is done, but her family was never informed (or compensated) by the researchers. I'm not really into non-fiction, but this book was terrific.
melissamwolff

Post by melissamwolff »

you should look into Kindra Sowder...she's an AWESOME new author and her books are captivating!
Staceylhines
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-staceylhines.html
Reading Device: B0054OWZVY

Post by Staceylhines »

Started a new series by Douglas Preston, Pendergast series. Love it!
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

This book is so good and required reading in some schools now. I felt like I was learning science without even knowing it. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks Book by Rebecca Skloot

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”