Who Writes Like Clive Cussler?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
peterinwa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Who Writes Like Clive Cussler?

Post by peterinwa »

Over the last couple of years I read all 72 of his books, and I wish there were more!

I've not done well Googling for similar authors. I always come up with authors like Tom Clancy whose books are all military-oriented.

In particular, I enjoy Clive's characters, and that you get to know them and follow them from book to book.

Do any other action-adventure writes have characters like Clive's?

Thank you for any suggestions. And btw, the way I got to Clive was...

I walked into my local library and said, "I'm 73 and I've only read less than a dozen books in my lifetime and I'd like some suggestions!"

I read Newsweek and Reader's Digest literally cover-to-cover for 40 years; just not books.

They asked what book I liked, and I said Hunt for Red October. They suggested Clive!
Riana V 3
Favorite Book: Blood Song
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 414
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riana-v-3.html
Latest Review: The Devil Take Tomorrow by Gretchen Jeannette

Post by Riana V 3 »

Have you tried the Jack Howard series by David Gibbins or the Philip Mercer series by Jack du Brul?

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”