Indian Authors

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Indian Authors

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

I usually don't read books by Indian authors, because they feel a little too relatable to me ( Indian ) and I prefer to read about new things and different cultures. I dont know if that made sense, but yes, I would like to try a few books by Indian authors. Any suggestions?
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
Tommy Mayengbam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommy-mayengbam.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tommy Mayengbam »

I am an Indian, but Indian literature is one of my favorites. You do have a point, but India is such a diverse country with hundreds, if not thousands of cultures, traditions, and heritage.

I especially love reading about the Dalit and caste system in India. Some of my favorites are "Untouchable" and "Coolie."

I also read a book about professional mourners. If you can suggest a few books that explore the culture of central India, please do.
PAMELA MUGENI
Favorite Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 2734

Post by PAMELA MUGENI »

There is a book A house for Mr Biswa talking much about Indian culture. Unfortunately the writer dwelled a bit more on the negative aspect. Especially the way he portrays Female and children characters. Otherwise it is a must read for those who like reading. The story line the flow make the book interesting

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”