A easy reading book

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Do Thuy Dung
Currently Reading: Charlotte's Web
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon A easy reading book

Post by Do Thuy Dung »

English is not my native language, therefore, I really want to find a book that the grammar and vocabulary are not too difficult for me to read, uhm, my level is B2, I suppose. I've read " A diary of a wimpy kid- hard luck" and I think it is suitable for me so I really want to read a book like that, may be more difficult for me to read but I think it is not a problem because I can also improve my reading skills. I love reading books about interesting adventure stories, funny stories or books about life skills, or books which the main characters are animals,.... I think a book for children also suits me as long as it is not a comic book. My current age is 15.
Could you recommend me a book? Thank you very much :techie-studyingbrown:
Bookvert
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookvert.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Bookvert »

Since you like reading children and animal book, I will suggest you read Charlotte's Web by E. B. White. It's amazing and very satisfying to read. And It's neither hard nor too easy to read, its somewhat moderate. I think you will enjoy reading it.
Do Thuy Dung
Currently Reading: Charlotte's Web

Post by Do Thuy Dung »

:D thank you so much, I'll read it!
Little_Lotte
Currently Reading: Rimas
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-little-lotte.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Little_Lotte »

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. It is a complete classic but as I am also not an English native, I used it to improve my vocabulary, plus the story is fantastic.
Riana V 3
Favorite Book: Blood Song
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 414
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riana-v-3.html
Latest Review: The Devil Take Tomorrow by Gretchen Jeannette

Post by Riana V 3 »

Black Beauty by Anna Sewell is also a great book to read.
Yuna01rain

Post by Yuna01rain »

It's been 2 years now, so I think you would like a young adult age books and a cute little romance books so I highly recommend "you've reached sam by Dustin thao" it's a cute, sad book that you will absolutely love so please check it out!!
Joseph Jose Nj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by Joseph Jose Nj »

1. "Holes" by Louis Sachar: This award-winning novel follows Stanley Yelnats as he is sent to a juvenile detention center where the boys are forced to dig holes every day. It's an adventure story filled with mystery, humor, and life lessons.

2. "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13¾" by Sue Townsend: This humorous diary-style novel follows the life of Adrian Mole, a British teenager navigating adolescence with wit and charm. It offers a relatable coming-of-age story.

3. "Wonder" by R.J. Palacio: This heartwarming tale tells the story of Auggie Pullman, a young boy with facial differences who starts attending public school. It explores themes of kindness, acceptance, and resilience.

4. "The One and Only Ivan" by Katherine Applegate: Inspired by a true story, this book follows Ivan, a gorilla who lives in a shopping mall. It's a touching story about friendship, freedom, and the power of art.

5. "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl: Join Charlie Bucket on a whimsical adventure through Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. This beloved classic is filled with delightful characters, imagination, and humor.

6. "Hatchet" by Gary Paulsen: This survival story follows Brian Robeson, a young boy who finds himself alone in the Canadian wilderness after a plane crash. It's a gripping tale of resilience and self-discovery.

7. "The Phantom Tollbooth" by Norton Juster: Join Milo on a fantastical journey through a magical world filled with wordplay, puns, and adventure. This clever and witty book is a joy to read.
Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Nesson »

A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L’Engle and the rest of the series. It’s a scifi/adventure that is written for kids but it’s a really interesting book that I continue to enjoy as an adult every time I read it. I see this is an old post so perhaps your reading level has greatly improved by now and you don’t need this recommendation, but it’s a really fun read for all ages.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Hykaryh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 130%

Post by Hykaryh »

I recently read a book called The Lamp of Lost Memories, which has simple language. The plot is clear and easy to follow. A really nice, educational book with an oriental atmosphere.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Silvia Sianto »

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. It is a complete classic but as I am also not an English native, I used it to improve my vocabulary, plus the story is fantastic
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

If you're still looking for recs, have you tried the Percy Jackson series? That's how I improved my English, so I think it should be the right level for you, too. Great books with a hilarious narrator.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”