Non-Fiction books

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Simona Dimitrova
Favorite Book: Surviving Chaos
Currently Reading: Si’Empra’s Queen
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simona-dimitrova.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Non-Fiction books

Post by Simona Dimitrova »

Hi! I'm not a big fan of the non - fiction books, but I'm trying to find some interesting articles. I read the Surviving chaos by Harold Phifer and it kinda made me think that those books aren't that bad. Can you please suggest me an interesting one? Thanks in advance!
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Simona Dimitrova wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 17:20 Hi! I'm not a big fan of the non - fiction books, but I'm trying to find some interesting articles. I read the Surviving chaos by Harold Phifer and it kinda made me think that those books aren't that bad. Can you please suggest me an interesting one? Thanks in advance!
Can you tell me more about what interests you?

I've read quite a few memoirs and the like, so would just lie to narrow down any potential recommendations. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Simona Dimitrova

Honestly, I'm not sure, because I've only 2-3 non-fiction in my life. If you know some book that just scream "NON-FICTION ARE SO COOLL", I'd like to read them :D
JadeAbarai
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reading Device: B07DX6XFJW

Post by JadeAbarai »

I really loved listening to the The Space Race by Colin Brake , Patrick Chapman , Richard Hollingham , Richard Kurti , Sue Nelson , Helen Quigley , Andrew Mark Sewell
I also just really love space in general so it was right up my ally XD
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

Simona Dimitrova wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 10:13 Honestly, I'm not sure, because I've only 2-3 non-fiction in my life. If you know some book that just scream "NON-FICTION ARE SO COOLL", I'd like to read them :D
Okay!

Well, I'll try to suggest some that I've enjoyed, and provide a bit of info so you can decide if they're something you'd be interested in (or not). :lol:

Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin
This is the author's autobiography. He grew up under the Mao regime. He was taken from his family and taught ballet, which led him, eventually, to migrate to the US.
Honestly, this is a fascinating look at that time of China's history, but it's also a great story of hope, family, culture clash, and personal growth.

This one may be jumping the gun (I haven't finished it yet), but Stiff by Mary Roach
This one is a look at various facets of dead bodies, from donation to body recovery after a plane crash. It's fascinating, often humorous, in some cases eye opening, but doesn't tend to cross the line into distasteful.

Lab Girl by Hope Jahren
This is more memoir than autobiography. The two most prominent (and most enjoyable) aspects of this one is the unbelievable plant science (trees communicate with each other! And that's just one fact!), and the interwoven story of the author's friendship.

On Writing by Stephen King
Even if writing isn't your thing, this is an amazing book. Especially if you have any interest in his books.

Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions by Edwin A. Abbott
This one may be a hard sell, but it's basically a fiction written to explain an aspect of physics. Personally, I found it very interesting and still ponder it often. (Not for everybody though.)

Sorry for the lateness of the reply! I've been a bit absent from the site lately.

Simona Dimitrova

All off them sounds pretty interesting. I'm going to choose the best of them or read them all! But I'm not quite sure if I will be able to do that because school starts soon and I have so much responsibilities. But I'll try my best! Thank you for all of your help! ❤️
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

You're welcome! :tiphat:

Adrian Rondon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-rondon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Adrian Rondon Salazar »

Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig.
Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends on It by Kamal Ravikant.
They are books that I read at a time when I was depressed. They helped me a lot, I am not into reading non-fiction books, but I loved them.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”