Stephanie Meyer, Twilight saga.

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
GypsyGrunge
Bookshelf Size: 0

Stephanie Meyer, Twilight saga.

Post by GypsyGrunge »

I know you have probably heard too much about these books but I really recommend you give them a once over at least. I was shocked at how well planned they are, how everything ties in together. Not to mention how down right addictive they are. The characters each have an interesting personality, in each book.
Speaking of, if you have read these books you'll know my dilemma.. I need a new book to read and I can't find anything that even compares with the Twilight books at the moment now that I've finished the series. Any suggestions?
BlueBlack

Post by BlueBlack »

I TOTALLY know how you feel! I'm having major problems trying to read something other than the books from the Twilight saga! I'm TOTALLY hooked to it, and no matter how many times I'm reading it, it seems like I'm reading it the first time.
At the moment, I'm reading Breaking Dawn and I can't stop reading! :shock: It's crazy!
Anyone who hasn't read the books yet should definitely read them! They're amazing! I haven't enjoyed a series so much since JK Rowling's Harry Potter. :mrgreen:
Oh btw, if you're still looking for something to read, you should consider P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern (which has also been made into a movie starring Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler) and Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder.
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

The Vampire Diaries by LJ Smith is a good choice after reading the Twilight Series. It was written in the 90's so some say it was one of the books that inspired the Twilight Series. Also, the Vampire Academy Series is a good pick if youre still vampire crazy since 2008.
Shelf Fulfilled

Post by Shelf Fulfilled »

"The Wolves of Mercy Falls" series by Maggie Stiefvater maybe better known as "Shiver" series. Many students who loved "Twilight" say this as good or even better.
KiMB00P
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by KiMB00P »

Have you read Stephanie Meyer's, The Host? I actually prefer it over the Twilight series.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Post by JessNWheeler »

Twilight fanatic here! You need Sookie Stackhouse! I think that you’ll like The Southern Vampire series
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Malok

Post by Malok »

You may like to read vampire academy series. The plot goes like this-
Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school —it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the
ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them.
Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best
friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on
the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St.
Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger...
Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden
romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and
unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest
the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous
vampires—make Lissa one of them forever. It's an interesting read for those who have been lost in the mysteries of Harry Potter and Twilight Saga once in their life time... Happy Reading!!

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”