book recommendations for a new member

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Samjang5050
Bookshelf Size: 0

book recommendations for a new member

Post by Samjang5050 »

I am very much new to this, but have been an avid reader of mostly fictional books. I’m in dire need of recommendations on the topics of enemies-to-lovers trope and fantasy novels. Reading books in these tropes give me serotonin, so i am very much open for suggestions.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

I would heartily recommend To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo. It is a standalone fantasy novel that has a well-developed enemies-to-lovers trope. The plot is relatively simple but it’s definitely a solid read. :D
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

Samjang5050 wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 12:35 I am very much new to this, but have been an avid reader of mostly fictional books. I’m in dire need of recommendations on the topics of enemies-to-lovers trope and fantasy novels. Reading books in these tropes give me serotonin, so i am very much open for suggestions.
The Faceless Mage series by Kenley Davidson.
Bright Wicked series by Everly Frost.
No Man Can Tame series by Miranda Honfleur.
Bring Me Their Hearts series by Sara Wolf.
A Deal with the Elf King by Elise Kova.
Foolish Kingdoms series by Natalia Jaster.
Daughters of Eville series by Chanda Hahn.
The Winter King by C. L. Wilson
Kingmaker Chronicles by Amanda Bouchet.

I have others too, let me know if you need more recommendations.
I Like Fiction Books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-i-like-fiction-books.html
Latest Review: Merlin's Rings: Book One: Young Crusaders by Virginia Hoyt

Post by I Like Fiction Books »

I would recommend either Six of Crows or Shadow and Bone, both by Leigh Bardugo. Both of these series are set in the same fantasy universe and have well-written romance. The world-building and storyline of each is expertly written.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”