Good mystery read

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Gabby_vcc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Good mystery read

Post by Gabby_vcc »

I’m into murder and paranormal and looking for a good book on these. Prefer something that could grab my attention in the first chapter.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

Maybe it's more of a thriller on the edge of a horror, but I'd recommend you some books of Joe Hill. He's a very talented son of Stephen King and his books are exactly what you ask for saying you'd prefer something that could grab your attention at the very beginning. Try out 'Horns' and 'Heart-shaped box'. Otherwise, did you read some of the Stephen King's classics? Like 'Carrie' for example?
There was also very thrilling and exciting book that was already turned into a movie. The tile is 'Before I Go To Sleep' by S.J.Watson. I remember it was hard to stop reading this one.
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

Gabby_vcc wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 02:05 I’m into murder and paranormal and looking for a good book on these. Prefer something that could grab my attention in the first chapter.

Junction: Time's Ticking by L. A. Evans.
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

Harlan Coben is one of my favorite mystery writers. he does not just add 2-3 twists. There are 6-7. Then the ending, once you think everything has been resolved, he throws one more in. He does a great job at keeping the suspense until the very end.
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

I am a mystery, crime thriller lover so here are some of my best mystery book recommendations.
One of us is Lying and One of us is Next by Karen McManus (it's a series)
Dangerous Boys and Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas (oddly enough not a series)
Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson
The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”