Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Personalized Reading Recommendations

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Looking for a great contemporary read!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.

Looking for a great contemporary read!

Post Number:#1 by ChrisAMacKinnon
» 30 Sep 2017, 13:16

What does anyone recommend for a good humor-based, contemporary fiction novel?

Thanks!

Chris A. MacKinnon
ChrisAMacKinnon

Bookshelf Size: 0 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Looking for a great contemporary read!

Post Number:#2 by Ashley Simon
» 12 Oct 2017, 11:08

Depends what you find humorous! I loved Margaret Atwood's Hag-Seed and her earlier The Heart Goes Last. It's not necessarily humor but I've always found Atwood very witty.
Ashley Simon's Latest Review: "A Book Without Dragons" by Olivia Berrier
Ashley Simon

Currently Reading: Zero K
Bookshelf Size: 132 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 20 Books
Goal Completion: 50%

Re: Looking for a great contemporary read!

Post Number:#3 by ChrisAMacKinnon
» 12 Oct 2017, 11:37

I've never read Atwood -- I've tried a few times, but just can't seem to get much farther than the first few pages. Maybe I'll give her a serious go next time around :)
ChrisAMacKinnon

Bookshelf Size: 0 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books