I need to start picking up books again

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
vigreen1
Bookshelf Size: 0

I need to start picking up books again

Post by vigreen1 »

Hi,
I had been an avid book reader from my childhood but I haven't been able to pick up a single book (or at least see it through to the last page) in the last year or so. When I was checking online for books and reading habits, I came across this book club and here I am. As a reading community, do you have any suggestions that can help me get back to reading regularly again?
TIA!
Rica Singh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rica-singh.html
Latest Review: visiting With An Angel by Jerry A Greenberg

Post by Rica Singh »

I would recommend light and easy reads, just to get you back into reading. What genres do you usually prefer?
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

I don't mean to post this as a genuine source of promotion, but I think that running through different books on OBC is a great way to get back into reading. I had been stuck on trying to find the will to read for many years, but after joining OBC and checking out a bunch of less known books, I have regularly started to read books again, whether it be for education or entertainment. id also recommend taking some random walks around in B and N and then wander around aimlessly.
Cheryl Erickson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

Being a part of OBC will help you get back to reading on a daily basis because you only have a certain amount of time to read the books. So it's easy to get back to the book instead of letting your reading time slide for a day.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”