What is your favourite romance trope?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
ivaaaa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon What is your favourite romance trope?

Post by ivaaaa »

I want to hear different opinions on this because none of my friends read so i came here. I want to see other peoples favourites so maybe i could expore more romance tropes.
Priyankaaa18
Currently Reading: Thirteen Reasons Why
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankaaa18.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Priyankaaa18 »

Some of my favorite romance tropes are enemies to lover with slow burn romance, friends to lovers, love triangle, stuck together and soul mates.
I personally don't like fake relationships trope, and second chance trope.
There is one more trope I like, but I don't know what it's called, but I can it " I hate everyone except her" trope.
Elenaaaa
Currently Reading: The darkest part of forest
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenaaaa.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by Elenaaaa »

I like all types of romance tropes, it mostly depends on how author have written them
Lissethe_H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 948
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lissethe-h.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Lissethe_H »

For me, my favorites are: Enemies to lovers, as long as they do not cross certain limits (i.e., they can playfully tease each other, but not to the point of humiliating or mistreating each other). I like it because it is nice to see how their relationship changes, besides, in my case, I feel nostalgic by remembering how it all started. Plus every moment of affection is worth gold.
Forbidden love is like my favorite trope ever. I like to see it especially in the fantasy genre :) and when there are differences in social classes, this is where I also include the Royalty trope because I usually read stories of this kind if they have forbidden love (sometimes they don't, but that's my first criteria).
I also enjoy reading Friends to Lovers because it's lovely to see how feelings awaken in people who already know each other. Plus the interactions are super cute.
Slowburn goes in here too for almost the same reasons, I like the romance to happen little by little (of course as long as it's not overdone).
Although these are my favorites, whether I like them depends on how the author ends up developing them. Still, these are my first choice and the tropes that I'm most attracted to.
Elena Nechita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elena-nechita.html
Latest Review: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes

Post by Elena Nechita »

I love enemies to lovers, friends to lovers, if done well, fake relationship. One trope that I think is underrated though is established relationship, probably because it's rarely done well enough to be interesting. I just think it's nice to see two people be a couple, because for a stand alone we barely see them as one after getting together.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”