Spirituality

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
gaymer
Currently Reading: Magic Maui Cookbook
Bookshelf Size: 10

Icon Spirituality

Post by gaymer »

Any suggestions on what spirituality books to read for beginners?
Tia-Nicole-417
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tia-Nicole-417 »

I enjoyed The Universe Has Your Back by Gabrielle Bernstein.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

There are many different aspects of spirituality. Depends what do you need to 'hear' at the moment. I quite enjoyed reading books with lectures of Osho (he's given as an author but he never wrote these books himself, they're written down by his students). There are more then few to choose from. But I also know that many people found him annoying and sexist, which is perhaps matter of understanding and misinterpretation of the ways he used the language.
If you'd prefer more fictionalized books maybe 'Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' by Robert M. Pirsing something for you.
My personal recommendation for a beginner would be 'The Art Of Happiness' by His Holliness DalaiLama talking with Howard C. Cutler - it's a very approchable book that brings a lot of value and it's written in a form of an interview - questions and answers. Very heartwarming and easy to understand.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”