Non-YA Dystopian Fiction

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Dina Riccobono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Non-YA Dystopian Fiction

Post by Dina Riccobono »

I'm looking for another great dystopian read..Think Black Mirror x Hugh Howey's Wool. An adult version of The Hunger Games perhaps.

No YA fiction please, or zombies. Something that has some realistic future potential.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower and Parable of Talents?

I only read KINDRED for the 2021 PopSugar Reading Challenge prompt: an afrofuturistic book
I love Butler's writing style. Very engaging and easy to follow.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

William Forstchen has a dystopian trilogy that takes place in current time America. It is basically World War III and China and America set off EMPs off all over the world. In a small town in Ohio, suddenly the power goes off. Nothing electronic works. Now everyone has to learn how to survive.
Aly Smith
Currently Reading: Stone of Gabriel
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Aly Smith »

William Forester's series of One Second After is about what would happen in modern-day America if an ESP went off over the country. How would people survive without electricity or medicine?
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

Dzejn_Crvena wrote: 30 May 2021, 02:38 Octavia Butler’s Parable of the Sower and Parable of Talents?

I only read KINDRED for the 2021 PopSugar Reading Challenge prompt: an afrofuturistic book
I love Butler's writing style. Very engaging and easy to follow.
This is exactly the book I was going to suggest as well. I just read both of these books by Octavia Butler and they were great. I couldn't recommend these two enough and they are definitely not YA.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”