Did you have a life-changing book to recommend?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Nicole Carvalho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-carvalho.html
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller

Icon Did you have a life-changing book to recommend?

Post by Nicole Carvalho »

Did you have a life-changing book to recommend?

The one I am currently reading here, Perfect by Judi Miller, is really having an impact on me right now. I am in a moment in my life where I am kinda unfulfilled spiritually and this book helping a lot. :techie-studyinggray: :techie-reference:
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

I grew up with the Harry Potter saga: those books had a huge impact on my childhood and adolescence. Even now I remember them fondly, and when I re-read them I am immediately brought back to the past.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
There is more I can talk about but this is the first one that came to mind.
petar_denkov
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by petar_denkov »

1. Meditations - Marcus Aurelius - this book got me out of depression, maybe even saved my life, improved my career and really helped me see the world in a calmer way.

2. I'm not being preachy here but any religious text and stories whether The bible, Quran, any Buddhist or Taoist text, anything on Stoicism really, or anything other that has meaningful life experiences of people from the old age and their suffering will help lift you up, speaking from experience.

3. Ivory carver trilogy - Sue Harrison - Starts off optimistic, gets violently brutal very fast, extremely depressing, punishing and painful over the next 2 books. But like the suggestion for #2 it has a lot of experiences of peoples that survived and thrived in extremely hard and impoverished conditions in prehistoric times. Very detailed world building and lots of life lessons to be found in these books, albeit I've heard from others they're just grimdark shock-factor thrillers at the end. Depends what you get out of them I guess.

Cheers.
HummingBird
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hummingbird.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by HummingBird »

1. Reasons to Stay Alive - Matt Haig
2. Secrets for the Mad - Dodie Clark

Both of these books somehow felt like a hug when I was feeling alone, or feeling a lot.
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

Atomic habits!

This book is everything you need to know about changing your life!
And it's practical.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sohana Hasan
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Favorite Book: shadow and bones
Currently Reading: The Beautiful
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sohana-hasan.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by Sohana Hasan »

I very recently read this book, but it really changed my perspective and I enjoyed it a lot. The book's name was Remembering Hope by Parastoo Rezai. It's about meeting adversity and remembering that, though there are dark times, there is also hope. I actually wrote a review about it, so you might want to check it out to see if this is your kind of book. Happy reading! :tiphat:
MysticSpade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mysticspade.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by MysticSpade »

I typically only read books one time but I have read, highlighted, and notated my copy of "You Are a Badass" by Jen Sincero 5 times. I always learn something new every time I read it. This book will be your little cheerleader. To say it's a life-changer is an understatement.
Kimberly Andaya
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberly-andaya.html
Latest Review: Surviving Chaos by Harold Phifer

Post by Kimberly Andaya »

It's Mark Manson's "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a f*ck". That book really changed my perspective in life. It's also very engaging that you would really feel both you and Mark are just having tea or coffee that you just talk about things in your lives.
Crystalz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Crystalz »

Seahorses by Louise copper changed my life

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”