Mystery/Thriller Recommendations

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
dcruzsammy
2021 Reading Goal: 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcruzsammy.html
Latest Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Mystery/Thriller Recommendations

Post by dcruzsammy »

Can anyone recommend me some books with mystery/thriller themes? I was browsing through book genres, and went past this particular one and remembered that the last time I read a book in this genre was from 6 years ago, Smash Cut I believe was the title, and I am in need to get back on this track.
kiki2881
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiki2881.html
Latest Review: The Neighbour At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore

Post by kiki2881 »

"You" by Caroline Kepnes is about a stalker/serial killer.
elllajxx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elllajxx.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Post by elllajxx »

Hi. I would very much like to recommend for you to read "The Silent Patient" by Alex Michaelides. It was the first book that got me back to reading last year. I literally did not put the book down once I started reading it. It was about a psychotherapist obsessing over a particular case wherein a woman shot her husband in the face and remained silent after committing the crime. Hands down, one of the best books that I have read. It got me second-guessing about what really happened. I don't know if it's just me, but I did not see the end coming.
dcruzsammy
Currently Reading:

Post by dcruzsammy »

elllajxx wrote: 09 Feb 2021, 23:49 Hi. I would very much like to recommend for you to read "The Silent Patient" by Alex Michaelides. It was the first book that got me back to reading last year. I literally did not put the book down once I started reading it. It was about a psychotherapist obsessing over a particular case wherein a woman shot her husband in the face and remained silent after committing the crime. Hands down, one of the best books that I have read. It got me second-guessing about what really happened. I don't know if it's just me, but I did not see the end coming.
I am taking your words for this one. I'm currently looking it up and there's a mix of reactions on this one. Thank you for your recommendation!
dcruzsammy
Currently Reading:

Post by dcruzsammy »

kiki2881 wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 11:24 "You" by Caroline Kepnes is about a stalker/serial killer.
Is this the novel where the series of the same name was adapted? I haven't watched that yet so I hope it'll be a good idea to read it first before I watch the series.
kiki2881
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiki2881.html
Latest Review: The Neighbour At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore

Post by kiki2881 »

dcruzsammy wrote: 21 Feb 2021, 04:19
kiki2881 wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 11:24 "You" by Caroline Kepnes is about a stalker/serial killer.
Is this the novel where the series of the same name was adapted? I haven't watched that yet so I hope it'll be a good idea to read it first before I watch the series.
It is. "you" also has a sequel called "the hidden bodies" you might try as well. 😊

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”