Recommendation!

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
JennyorAlice
Currently Reading: Ten
Bookshelf Size: 121

Recommendation!

Post by JennyorAlice » 06 Jul 2019, 21:16

Genre: Horror, science fiction, fantasy, mystery and thriller. Can take in the occasional romance if it's good.

Have read: The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling, the Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis, the Last Apprentice series by Joseph Delaney, the Locke & Key series by Joe Hill, the Stoneheart trilogy by Charlie Fletcher, the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, Hallowe’en Party by Agatha Christie, Murder Has a Motive by Frances Duncan, Murder for Christmas by Frances Duncan, The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly, The Cellar by Natasha Preston, The Charmed Children of Rookskill Castle by Janet Fox, Carrie by Stephen King, The Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill, The Host by Stephenie Meyer, etc.

Books I refuse to read: The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian. I read this book once upon a time and I really got into it at first but the ending disappointed me. This book really turned me away from that particular author and I won’t read anything remotely similar again.

Age range: I normally read young adult and up. I will read children’s literature if it’s good enough to hold my interest (Harry Potter series is a good example).

esp1975
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by esp1975 » 06 Jul 2019, 21:46

Try LE Modesitt Jr's Recluse series. Also NK Jemisin's The Broken Earth trilogy is amazing. Both are fantasy.

For science fiction, I recommend Eliot Kay's Poor Man's Fight series.

JennyorAlice

Post by JennyorAlice » 07 Jul 2019, 09:07

esp1975 wrote: ↑
06 Jul 2019, 21:46
Try LE Modesitt Jr's Recluse series. Also NK Jemisin's The Broken Earth trilogy is amazing. Both are fantasy.

For science fiction, I recommend Eliot Kay's Poor Man's Fight series.
Thank you for the recommendations. I'll look into the books you suggested.

rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Rosemary's Beach House by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by rumik » 11 Jul 2019, 18:47

Maybe you should check out the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor! I've only read the first but really enjoyed it, will check out the rest soon.. It's mostly fantasy with a great atmosphere, some romance, and just very good writing overall.

JennyorAlice

Post by JennyorAlice » 13 Jul 2019, 09:20

rumik wrote: ↑
11 Jul 2019, 18:47
Maybe you should check out the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor! I've only read the first but really enjoyed it, will check out the rest soon.. It's mostly fantasy with a great atmosphere, some romance, and just very good writing overall.
Thank you for the suggestion, rumik. I've never heard of that book before but I may just go see if I can check it out from my local library.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”