Grishaverse Netflix Adaptation

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Reflections by Dan Babcock

Re: Grishaverse Netflix Adaptation

Post by Eunice Geres »

I'm super excited for this but I still think that Six of Crows duology should have its own season.
Lia A
Favorite Book: Aurora Rising
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lia-a.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Lia A »

I'm very excited. The Grishaverse books are some of my favorite books. I can't wait to learn more about the fantasy world and to learn more about before the book series takes place. I hope the adaptation goes well!
โ€œ๐“ž๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ต๐”€๐“ช๐”‚๐“ผ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ, ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ถ, ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ๐“ผ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“น๐“ธ๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ ๐“พ๐“ผ.โ€
โ€• ๐“’๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ป๐“ช ๐“’๐“ต๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ, (๐“’๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ด๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ด ๐“๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต)
Purneemaa
Favorite Book: A Court of Mist and Fury
Currently Reading: Crescent City
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purneemaa.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Purneemaa »

I am absolutely excited for this show. I for one, love the actors chosen for the characters very much. I hope they don't spoil an absolutely amazing book. Fingers crossed.
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

I hope the Netflix series is better than the books. Cause they were mediocre.
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
toointofiction
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 512
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toointofiction.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by toointofiction »

There are a few altercations that I didn't really agree with in the adaptation but other than that, it was AMAZING!!

Ben Barnes sure does his homework. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

I have to say, the shadow and bones adaptation was very well done.
But if it was supposed to be a six of crows adaptation too, then it was a pathetic attempt.
The book series is ...I don't know how to put this in words but, it was overwhelming the characters all strong, independent, survivors. The unique character of Kaz, the witty, street-smart, leader, who despite his physical lack could still keep up with everyone, hell he scared the sh*t out of people.
That character of Kaz was not shown in the adaptation aptly, Jesper looked more like a hero than Kaz.
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
CoolReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coolreads.html

Post by CoolReads »

I watched the Netflix series first which got me hooked on Kaz and the Crows. I have just completed Six of Crows and am currently reading Crooked Kingdom.

I would love for the Crows to have their own series but the author who is also the producer of the show has successfully managed to weave the Crows into the Shadow and Bone storyline. Apparently the show is supposed to also include King of Scars and The Language of Thorns since these are all occurring in the Grishaverse, albeit at different times.

The cast of the Netflix series have great camaraderie between them, on and off-camera. I also find the casting of Kaz, Inej, and Jesper actors were close to their depiction in the books. I guess these are some plus points for the show.

Return to โ€œFilms and Booksโ€