Bohemian Rhapsody

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Harley-Panda
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by Harley-Panda »

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has been to see Bohemian Rhapsody in cinema?

I went to see it last night and I thought that it was incredible - Rami Malek did an amazing job in his portrayal as Freddie Mercury!
Unfortunately, I wasn't born before Freddie died, so I never had a chance to see Queen live, but after that film, I almost feel like I did (and I am also incredibly jealous of anyone who did actually see them live!).

If you have also seen it - what did you think? What was your favourite part? Your least favourite? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

CAUTION - There may be spoilers below :)
I go to seek a Great Perhaps
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

I saw the movie and saw all the youtube video showing how rami malek worked to bring a legend like freddie mercury live on screen. It was a very good effort. My favorite part was the making of Bohemian Rhapsody song.
Chikari
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Talking Baobab Tree by Nelda LaTeef
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari »

I watched it recently, as well. I am also too young to remember Queen live, but the movie was amazing! I enjoyed the movie and the inside look it gave about Queen and how they built their empire. Rami Malek did a wonderful job playing Freddie Mercury. I've known him from voice acting in video games and was excited to see him on the big screen!
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Fantastic movie. Rami Malek is amazing and this movie is finally getting him the attention of the masses. (I've been keeping on eye on his career since Night at the Museum.)
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
SomeRando345
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SomeRando345 »

Rami Malek was able to completely potray Freddie in Bohemian Rhapsody and overall the movie is amazing!! The vintage feel, the fashion styles, THE HAIR and every little detail was captured and even the part of the song that goes from the right to the left, the movie is 100% marvelous
Harley-Panda
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by Harley-Panda »

Glad to see so many people loving the film! I plan to get the blu ray as soon as it comes out because I need to see it again (and sing along loudly this time!)
Also, very happy that Rami Malek got an Oscar for his performance, he deserved it :)
I go to seek a Great Perhaps
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

I loved the movie. I wasn't a fan of Queen before, but am certainly now. Rami Malek did a wonderful job of bringing Freddie Mercury's character live on screen. My favorite scene is the one where they start singing bohemian rhapsody for the first time.
lisalynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisalynn.html
Latest Review: Sex on every Paige by Graham Spaid

Post by lisalynn »

Bohemian Rhapsody is a great song and a great movie. My favorite part is when the agent tells the group no six-minute song will ever get air time on the radio or be popular. Of course, he was wrong! It's great hearing all the hit songs.
cadelfavreau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cadelfavreau.html
Latest Review: The Sojourners by T. L. Hughes

Post by cadelfavreau »

This movie was really bad. I am a huge fan of Rami, and I think he did a great job, but its the only saving grace for the film in general.
CharlizeGwapa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlizegwapa.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by CharlizeGwapa »

My kid wants to go, however, due to hectic schedule.we weren't able to go. Anyway, maybe soon we can find some vacant time.
cassandra l
Currently Reading: A Woman's Prerogative
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by cassandra l »

I was never a huge Queen fan, but the movie was so emotional and heartbreaking to me. I loved the scenes of the band together, learning how to be true musicians and produce the kind of music they loved. Those scenes were amazing and so heartwarming. The later scenes when Freddie Mercury is diagnosed with AIDS really pulled some tears from me (although I have been told the later account of his life is not entirely accurate). I wish he had sought out treatment sooner or been diagnosed sooner, as I think he would have been an amazing figure in the fight for AIDS curing and prevention. Overall though the movie was amazing, and it was a terrible idea (on my part) to watch it on a flight! Everyone around me was probably judging my tears but they were shed for a good reason!
Betweenthecovers21
Currently Reading: Five Feet Apart
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betweenthecovers21.html
Latest Review: Chase Found Grit by Jeanne Evelyn

Post by Betweenthecovers21 »

I loved this movie! definitely going to buy it so I can watch it again and again. My favorite parts were the making of bohemian rhapsody, where the crowd sang love of my life, Freddie's outfit at his party, and his final performance. Such an awesome movie! Every time I watch it I end up listening to queen for the next two weeks.
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

Rami Malek is amazing as Freddy, but the movie overall is not too good. The script is appalling and it deviates too much from the Freddy Mercury's real life.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
colorsparkle
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colorsparkle.html
Latest Review: The Land of Sunshine and Hell by Maxene Raices

Post by colorsparkle »

We just rented it and it was amazing! I love the recreations of all the true events, and the lead was just great! One of my new favorites. :)
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

I loved it!! It felt like I was at a Queen concert. We left the cinema singing.

I didn't like how they overly dealt with his sexuality, it was far from being the most interesting thing about him. However, the performances were amazing, as well as the cinematography.

Return to “Films and Books”