Poldark!

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
TessaC
Currently Reading: Lara's Journal
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessac.html
Latest Review: Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana

Poldark!

Post by TessaC »

I just started binge watching the Poldark series from the BBC. I am only up to the beginning of Season Two so don't tell me any spoilers! What I want to know is from any of you that have seen the series AND read the books? Should I read the books or will the series ruin it for me? Are the books better? Will they add to my film enjoyment?
I love the actor who plays Poldark. He is handsome and I love how he manages to take off his shirt at least one an episode!

Should I read the books?? :techie-studyingbrown:
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

No spoilers here, but I also loved the series. Poldark's character is indeed very handsome. And what family drama, with his cousin engaged to his once fiancé. I loved the character that played Elizabeth's aunt, as she would say anything.
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

They had a book? I had no idea. I'm actually midway through Season 2 but I have read up a little about the film itself because somethings weren't too clear to me. I'm gonna try to see if I can get the books. It's such an interesting show and I love Aidan Turner as Ross.
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

I have not read the books but I am watching the series and I absolutely love it! I love the setting of Cornwall, it is so beautiful. And I love all of the characters. The story is so good.
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

TessaC wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 07:11
I love the actor who plays Poldark. He is handsome and I love how he manages to take off his shirt at least one an episode!
Hahaha this is probably a clause in his contract. The producers know what sells lol :wink:

Return to “Films and Books”