A Quiet Place

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

A Quiet Place

Post by Bianka Walter »

So, has anyone watched this movie? I have had it for the last few weeks and I'm trying to get the courage to watch it. The trailer alone gave me a bit of a twitch.
My question is, is it worth it?
During the day, obviously, with LOADS of people around.

I know this doesn't have much to do with books, but I'm a big fan of horror books and know they will make me sit up in the darkness of my room at night. This is why I steer clear of horror films, but I have heard such great things about this one...

Yes? No?
Am I nuts?
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Senna123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Senna123 »

The movie itself isn't necessarily scary, however I do love horror movies, but certain sections may be unsettling to you if you don't particularly like horror movies. The movie wasn't actually that good, the trailer made it seem much better than it actually was in my opinion
germalyn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by germalyn »

The scenes in the movie weren't really much of the typical horrendous, hair-raising and frightful horror film you usually watch. The trailer gives you that touch of excitement and thrill, but the movie itself is more of a nerve-racking and intensely remarkable film like no other.

In my opinion, A Quiet Place is a must-watch movie and wickedly spine-chilling one. If you're up for a movie that's averagely horrifying and dreadful, then I recommend you get yourself a copy of this right now. If love you A splash of galvanization and a dash of titillation, then this is the perfect movie for you!
catherinecsoto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherinecsoto.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by catherinecsoto »

A Quiet Place is very thrilling movie for me. Lots of emotion was released because what on earth is happening! At the end of the movie, my heart just broke into pieces and then was put back together again! I can’t say why, you should go see it because it’s definitely worth it.
fazlina_manap
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by fazlina_manap »

It's amazing how much the movie can tell a story without a lot of talking. It portrays family love and yet at the same time a very thrilling movie. It's got a sad ending though. I cried. Really worth to watch it.
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

For me, it is a very good movie and has a story to tell. I actually love it that you hear each tiny noises the characters make. It is meticulously made and I appreciate the effort made by the cast. It's a job well done. 😊
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I really want to see this movie myself.Based on the previews I saw, I liked how the movie is based on how silence can be scary, usually the scary character always has music or some evil line & I like how they didn’t need to for this movie!
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I went to see this in theaters. I had a friend who was in Deaf Studies and she was excited to see the main character who was deaf. It was a great movie! I loved the concept behind the monsters and how sound attracted them.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss

Return to “Films and Books”