Mr. Mercedes as a tv show. Yay or Nay?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Hallsword
Favorite Book: The 11.05 Murders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hallsword.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Mr. Mercedes as a tv show. Yay or Nay?

Post by Hallsword »

I have read Mr. Mercedes and book 2 of the trilogy. I recently found that there was a series made for Mr. Mercedes and was interested in how watered down it might be compared to the book. Of course there are limits to a book playing out on the screen versus what goes on in my imagination while reading, but so far I have been pleased with the series.
Did you like the series? What did you like? What didn't you like? Has anyone read the complete trilogy?
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I have thoroughly enjoyed the TV show. I think the acting is fantastic!
I have read all three, and I must say, I think the adaptation does the books serious justice. I always worry when books get adapted, but Mr. Mercedes is about the story - it's not being made into a huge blockbuster that will surely damage the storylines.
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss

Return to “Films and Books”